Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

DIY Infinity Scarf

Yay, another DIY! And it's so easy! Infinity scarves are so popular right now, but some of them can be kind of pricey. Or you can't find the perfect pattern to go with an outfit. That's why I decided to make some myself! Here's what you need:
•a yard of whatever fabric you want (I got mine in the fashion fabrics at Joann Fabrics for $5) 
•needle & thread 
•scissors 
 
So first, I grabbed everything and sat down on the living room floor where it's big enough to stretch out the fabric. 


I laid out the full yard of fabric...

And folded it up in half. 



Next, I lined up the top two ends and started sewing it all the way across (kind of making it into a tube), leaving it open at the left and right ends. Your stitching doesn't have to be perfect (mine sure wasn't!). 

I stitched the whole length of the top together. 
Then folded the left end to meet the right end (with the stitched part on top still). These ends should be open and unstitched. 
I began stitching these two open ends together. 
Keep stitching until you reach the end of the fabric. This should make one wide loop of fabric, which is the scarf. 


When you're done, wrap it a couple times around your neck and you're good to go! 
 
You can use any type if fabric you like. I used a thin white fabric with a design that will go with anything! 

Xoxo. 




No comments:

Post a Comment