Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

$9 DIY Gel Manicure!

I'm so excited! I love gel manicures. Gel isn't damaging to my nails and it keeps them strong so I can grow them out. The  only thing I don't like is paying $20-$40 every couple weeks to get then done. So, I decided to explore my options and this is what I came up with: 
They look and feel just like gel, they last weeks just like gel, they just don't cost as much as gel! I went to my local grocery store (everything came from Walmart) and paid around $9 for everything. 

I chose a lilac color (Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in Lacey Lilac, $2.50) and a silver glitter polish for an accent nail (Pure Ice in Beware, $2.00). The most important polish is the Nail Aid "Just Like Gel Top Coat" ($4.00). This stuff is awesome. I paint it on first, do a layer of color polish, do another layer of the gel polish, one more layer of color, then do one more coat of gel (letting them dry in between coats). This makes my nails rock hard like gel and keeps my manicure lasting for weeks! 

You can do this with any polish in any color and you will get the same results. 

Obsessed. 

Xoxo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment